Contacting Your Legislators

One of the most powerful things that you can do to support K2 Veterans is to contact your Elected Officials regarding the conditions at K2. However, sending in the comment form on your Senator or Representative's website is not enough. It would be best if you made person-to-person contact with a member of their staff. There are several ways to accomplish this: by phone to a local office, or the DC office, by 'snail mail,' or by e-mail. As you can imagine, in this day and age, e-mail and phone are the absolute best ways to get ahold of someone.

What do I Say?

We can help with that too!

We have two form emails one from a K2 Veteran and one from a "concerned citizen" they are very similar, but the K2 Veteran email has some additional information about your service.

You simply need to choose the email that fits you.

You don't even have to know the name of your Elected Officials to use this - you simply need to know your state and the Congressional District you live in (which you can find below).

Want to Know What the Letters Say?

If you are like a lot of us and don't want to send a letter without knowing the contents. Just click the link below to see a sample of the email that will be sent.

You will also get a copy of the email sent to the email address you provide on the form.

Who are my Elected Officials?

The ultimate guide is My Reps (

You simply put in your address and every elected official that represents you at every level of government will be returned.

Don't Know Your Congressional District? is a website that enables its users to track bills and members of Congress. Users can add trackers to certain bills, thereby narrowing the scope of the information they receive.

They also have a great tool that shows what district you live in based on your address.